The Marketing and Communications Department (MarCom) oversees the development of all recruitment, promotional, and informational materials issued by LAU. It works in close collaboration with the university community to maintain a consistent visual identity for the institution.
MarCom was created in September 2007 as part of the 2005-2010 Strategic Plan, superseding the former Publications Office.
What we do
- We coordinate and implement LAU’s marketing and communications initiatives to promote and position the university in all spheres. We service all areas of LAU, including the central administration, schools, departments and institutes on the Beirut and Byblos campuses.
- We are responsible for the development and implementation of LAU’s visual identity. This includes establishing guidelines, manuals and templates to keep communications in line with LAU’s identity. We also monitor LAU’s trademarks to ensure they are protected while generating maximum exposure and benefit for the university.
- We are committed to highlighting the university’s points of excellence through the branding strategy.
- We produce key publications at LAU, including the annual President’s Report, LAU at a Glance and the quarterly LAU Magazine & Alumni Bulletin.
- We oversee LAU’s web presence, including the news section where we highlight the university’s major initiatives and achievements. We also create and support websites for schools, departments, programs, institutes, centers, offices and councils.
- We provide branding assistance to various LAU-related events including conferences, ceremonies, social functions, student events and fairs.
Find out more about how we work.